Ingredients: Hawthorn Berry, Cassia seed, Salvia root, Rhubarb root, Polygoni multiflora root, Astragalus root, Red yeast rice and vegetable capsules.
Hawthorn Berry is the main ingredient in our Heart formula. Hawthorn berry, a fruit that is commonly used in traditional Chinese medicine, helps to promote heart health and alleviate digestive problems.
- Help maintain balanced blood pressure
- Help to ease the nerves and allow the body to function properly
- Build the blood and increase nourishment
- Lowering cholesterol levels
- Improving blood flow
- Improving left ventricular ejection fraction, exercise tolerance, and reducing angina symptoms in heart failure patients
- Protect cells from oxidative stress and reduce inflammation
- Alleviate digestive problems, including indigestion, diarrhea, bloating and functional dyspepsia
- Anxiolytic effects, reducing anxiety
Disclaimer: In the herbal combinations that are listed the reader must realize that even though western pathological terms are used under commentaries, this does not mean that this site is prescribing herbal medicine. It is only a reference for the further comprehension of the reader. Please consult The Great Tao by Stephen T. Chang. These descriptions are excerpted from Dr. Chang’s translations and syntheses of ancient and current Chinese medical texts. These descriptions are not intended as medical recommendations nor as a substitute for sound medical advice. If you have a health problem, please consult a professional health practitioner. We make no claims about the effectiveness of these products. These descriptions are for educational/informational purposes only. The effectiveness of these formulas are currently unsubstantiated by Western science, whose methods of analysis are not yet applicable to understanding these complex formulas.