Through a partnership with Dr. Stephen T. Chang & the Foundation of Tao, Inc. we (Taiji Quan & Qigong Institute, LLC) are able to offer Dr. Chang’s legendary Books & Forgotten Foods/Herbal Teas as well as Taoist Consultations.
As Ordained Taoist Ministers (through the Foundation of Tao and personally trained by Dr. Stephen T. Chang) and Scholars of Classical Chinese Health & Medicine we also offer workshops, lectures and classes on the following eight departments of Taoism:
- Taoist Philosophy
- Internal Exercise
- Diet and Nutrition
- Healing Arts
- Science of Management
- I-Ching Sciences
Born and raised in China, Dr. Chang has been studying Taoist medicine since he was six years old in a family who has practiced medicine for well over 400 years. Dr. Chang’s great-grandfather was a physician and professor to the Emperor of China (Tung Tse) and Empress Tse Shi (Ci Xi) (慈僖) as well as the first Chinese ambassador to the United States during the Benjamin Harrison administration (1889-93). His grandmother was a master-physician.
• Former President of the Chinese Medicine Research Institute in San Francisco, California, USA
• Former Vice-President of the Chinese Medical Assoc. in Japan
• Founder of The Foundation of Tao in San Francisco, California
• His books are used in universities and as hospital texts
• He has influenced laymen, professionals and celebrities alike, including Sofia Loren and Mario Lopez
• Formulated numerous remedies including Chinese Herbal Formulas/Combinations/Teas, skin lotions and accupowder (acupowder)
• Holds doctoral degrees in medicine, law, theology and philosophy
• Honorable Professor at: University of Beijing; The Peoples University, China; Chung Wa University, China; Ai Ji University, Japan; Oslo University, Norway; among others
• Taught and lectured at universities around the world on Taoist medicine and lifestyle at: University Of California, Berkeley; Stanford University CA; The Chinese Medical Assoc., London; University Of California, Santa Cruz, CA; 5 Branches School of Chinese Medicine, Santa Cruz, CA; Chi Nei Tsang Inst., Berkeley, CA; University Of Tao Management, China
Author of several books (The Great Tao, Tao of Balanced Diet-Secrets of a Thin and Healthy Body, The Complete System of Self Healing-Internal Exercise, Tao of Sexology-Infinite Wisdom, The Complete Book of Acupuncture, The Integral Management of Tao-Complete Achievement), translated in over ten languages with over a million copies sold.